miércoles, 21 de marzo de 2012

World Poetry Day


The twenty-first of March was declared by UNESCO to be World Poetry Day.
There are a lot of extraordinary poets in the English and American Literature. 

William Shakespeare may be one of the first to come to your minds. 
Do you want to read some of his most famous quotes. Here is a selection of some of my favourite ones.

"All the world 's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" - As You Like It ( Quote Act II, Scene VII). 

"How bitter a thing it is to look into happiness through another man's eyes!" As You Like It ( Quote Act V, Sc. II).

"When shall we three meet again in thunder, lightning, or in rain? When the hurlyburly 's done,
When the battle 's lost and won". Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene I).

"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).

 "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" Hamlet quote (Act II, Sc. II).

"You pay a great deal too dear for what's given freely". The Winter's Tale Quote  (Act I, Scene I)

 "Good Night, Good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow."
Romeo and Juliet ( Quote Act II, Scene II).

 Do you like poetry? Why / Why not?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario